- Deregulation, market growth, convenient and safe delivery systems will help to increase disposable packaging.
- Based on its adaptability to unit-dose, blister packs will generate strong global growth, which is currently experiencing annual growth of 6%.
- The world market for pharmaceutical caps and closures is expected to increase by 3%, driven by child resistant and tamper evident closure requirements.
- The current global market worth US$21 billion for pharmaceutical packaging will grow by nearly a third between 2004 and 2011.
- Pharmaceutical closures and accessories are predicted to grow 5.1% per annum to $9.5 billion in 2009.
- The fastest growth will come from child-resistant, senior friendly and dispensing closures, compliance-enhanced prescription containers, high-visibility labels and tamper-evident accessories.
- The United States will remain as the largest consumer of pharmaceutical packaging.
Projected Annual Growth Rate of ~4%